Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Stretch Tafetta? Yes ma'am!

While browsing the aisles of Joann Fabric and Crafts Beauty Bug and I ran into some gorgeous multi-colored purple and tan sateen polyester spandex fabric. It was in the bottom weight fabric section. The fabric actually isn't that heavy at all, and it has a good amount of stretch to it. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I wanted to make tops from the fabric. It had just the right amount of thickness, especially for winter. I paired the tops with pleated skirts that are made from stretch taffeta. This was my first time working with taffeta and I must say that I loved it. I was so easy to pleat and so easy to sew up. The best part is how beautifully the skirts came out. I went for box pleats yet again because I love them so much. On Beauty Bug's skirt I didn't make as many pleats. I made the pleats approximately 2 inches apart. I debated back and forth on whether I wanted a high low midi skirt or a high low maxi skirt out of this beautiful fabric. So I made both! Beauty Bug received the high low maxi skirt, and I made the high low midi skirt for myself. On my skirt I made the front pleats about 3 inches apart and I made the back pleats about 2 inches apart because I wanted more pleats in the back than in the front. I am so excited about this skirt because it will be a regular on Beauty Bug's Boutique! Every girl needs a nice pleated midi skirt in here closet. Something about them just make you feel fabulous and feminine! Also, don't worry, the bow on the skirt is detachable. ;-) Now let me tell you, something about this outfit turned Beauty Bug into a karate master. This girl kicked and karate chopped every time she put the skirt on. Unfortunately because of that, I had to take the outfit off of her early so she wouldn't rip her clothing. That means I don't have any pictures of us together, but I most definitely got pictures of her. We do have another outfit in then works for Beauty Bug and myself. I'll post a sneak peek of the fabric so you can see what Beauty Bug has chosen for us. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment