Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Release the Hounds!

Hello, and welcome back to Beauty Bug's Closet! Today's post is all about houndstooth. I found this awesome houndstooth fabric at Hobby Lobby on sale and I grabbed the little bit that was left. Houndstooth moves quickly around here! When I bought it I had no idea what I had in mind to make with it, but when I got home, that was a different story. I knew immediately that I wanted a jacket dress. I LOVE jacket dresses! I had never made a jacket dress before when I started on this one, so there as a lot of learning along the way. I used Mcalls pattern 6844 as a base for the top, and I freestyled the bottom. It's pleated and has two layers. This garment took me almost a week to complete because in all honesty I was creating and learning as I went. I wouldn't mind making another one, but no time soon that's or sure! Beauty Bug's outfit is a bolero jacket and a circle skirt. I really like circle skirts on her because they have such a girly element to them, and we all know Beauty Bug is quite girly. LOL Here are some pictures of the process and the final result. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment