Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Spots, Spots, and more Spots

This Sunday I was suffering from a horrible case of designer's block. I had a design in mind, that did not work out by the way, and after that fell through I had nothing. Literally nothing. I stared at the fabric and went back and forth between fabric choices for days. I went to numerous fabric stores in search of fabric that will "speak" to me and I got nothing. I scoured Pinterest, Google, and Instagram (although I don't have an Insagram account) and still came up empty handed. I decided that Beauty Bug and I will just wear something that I've already made. But, Sunday morning came and inspiration hit. So much, that we were a little late for service. Oops. The praise team didn't like that too much. LOL I'm glad that inspiration hit, because what I came up with was a play on polka dots. I decided to mix polka dot sizes and base colors. It wasn't the pattern blocking that I want to try (like mixing stripes and polka dots) but it was a great place to start. As usual, Beauty Bug worked it. LOL I made her a polka dot circle skirt, and I wore a polka dot "maxi" pencil skirt with a slit in the back. I had to line the skirt because the white polka dot fabric was so thin and see through. I also added a bow at the top of the slit. Let's get right to the pictures. Until next time Beauty Bugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment