Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Jaded- Simplicity 8059, McCall's 7531, and NewLook 6502 reviews

What it do #beautybugsclosetfamily! I purchased this wonderful Jade liverpool fabric from Fabric.com and it was one of the best decisions. This fabric is very soft and it was so easy to sew up. It has 40% stretch across the grain and it has a crepe like texture to it. I ended up using it to make a maxi duster/cardigan from Simplicity pattern 8059. This pattern was originally released in 2016, I believe, and is a pattern for knit fabrics. I chose this pattern because I could see it as a maxi duster or as a maxi wrap dress. I love versatile clothing! 

The dress that I am wearing underneath the maxi cardigan is Mcall's pattern 7531 View D. This is my tried and true pattern! It is one of the only patterns that I have found that fits me the way I like for my bodycon dresses to fit. It's not so tight that you can see my heartbeat through the fabric, but it's fitted enough that it's not baggy either. I am obsessed with bodycon dresses that fit and go down to the calf, so when I saw this pattern, I knew it needed to be in my life! The fabric I used for it is a stretch crepe from Joann's. It behaves more like a knit than a woven so you can most definitely use negative ease when sewing it up. It's also very opaque. If Joann's stops carrying this fabric I will probably make signs and picket them outside of the store.


Beauty Bug's jumpsuit is NewLook pattern 6502 View C. This is such a cute jumpsuit pattern! It's super easy to make too. There's not very many pieces to it. What made me want to sew it up was the "jogger like" style of the pants on the jumpsuit. Bug owns a lot of wide leg pants now, thanks to sewing, but she doesn't really have anything of the jogger variety. I changed the flounce on the bodice of her jumpsuit because I wanted it to have more of a circular shape than the square one that the pattern's design originally had. To do this, I just cut out 2 of the back flounce patterns.

Well that's all for this go around, I'll post again soon! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment