Friday, January 30, 2015

Red, White, and Blue

This Sunday that just past was Youth Sunday at my church. The youth chose the colors red, white, and blue to wear. Since, I am the Youth Leader at my church, you know Beauty Bug and I just had to participate! The problem that I have with red, white, and blue is that it's VERY easy to look "4th of July" in these colors. This is something I wanted to completely avoid, and I think I did just that. :) For Beauty Bug and myself, I went for thin blue and white striped dresses with red cardigans. I self drafted my cardigan and the next time I make it, I will make sure and increase the width on the front. It was wearable, but far from perfect. I used a  red ponte de roma, which was very thick. Sadly I don't remember the type of fabric that I made my daughter and my dresses from. It was super, super thin and see through, so I had to line them with a navy blue light weight stretch fabric. I had to make sure the saints weren't exposed to what was going on under those dresses. LOL!! I made a navy blue belt for myself. It's just some fabric wrapped around some elastic. I also made a striped bow to go on my daughter's dress. My daughter's dress was also self drafted. I literally just traced a shirt and elongated it to make her dress. For my sister's skirt, I made her a high low gathered skirt with an elastic waistband. I've made so many gathered maxi skirts that I feel like I can do them in my sleep. lol Now let me tell you, when I first saw it finished I HATED it! I mean I couldn't stand it! But seeing how my sister styled it, made me fall in love. 

Now onto what we all really came here for: Pictures!!!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment