Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Floral Leggings and Peplum Pencil Skirts

Since it's a cold and snowy day today, I figured I'd liven things up. Well...in my own mind at least. I am in no way a "winter lover". If I could have my way, I'd live in a place where it's between 80-90 degrees year round. I like it hot, but my husband and children wouldn't probably make it in a place like that. lol In the summer of 2014 I found some beautiful denim look floral knit fabric and Joanns Fabric and Crafts. I knew right away that I wanted to make some leggings with them for Beauty Bug and myself. The fabric was 2 way stretch and had a soft feel. Some knit fabrics can feel at little scratchy at times. 










It wasn't until after the leggings were made that I had the idea to make the peplum pencil skirts from the same fabric. Now, initially I was totally against all things peplum, but after making these pencil skirts I am hooked! Now I'm making everything with a peplum attached, I really need to exercise some self control. lol These pictures aren't the greatest. Some of them are out of focus and quite grainy, but because these pictures made me smile today as I was going through my phone, I decided to share them with you anyway. It's always nice to have something to smile about; something that warms you up, on a cold winter day. :)   




 

No comments:

Post a Comment