Monday, January 19, 2015

Leopard Print and Denim

Hello and welcome to our blog! My first post is going to be a "getting to know you" segment. My name is Evanny and I am a mother of 2 wonderful children, and the wife of a great man, and I love to sew. I created this blog mainly to keep track of the things that I have sewn for myself and my daughter. I haven't been sewing long, in fact I'm only in my 2nd year of sewing. I have a lot to learn, so I am always seeking out new techniques and styles to try. This blog will not only feature my triumphs, but my failures; because without failure there's no room for improvement. I refer to my daughter as "Beauty Bug" and named my blog after her. I love dressing us alike. I might as well do it, before she becomes even more opinionated than she is now. Haha! Beauty Bug is 2 years old and she already has an eye for fashion. She usually knows what she wants to wear, and she demands that I make it for her. LOL She likes to choose the fabric for our outfits, and ask me repeatedly "is that mine?" while I sew for us. Lets dive right in, here's today's Mommy and Me outfit post and details:



 My top was made from a pattern by the Mccall's pattern company. The pattern number is M6754 and I found it to be very easy. Although the pattern has a peplum, I decided not to add that addition because I really only wanted to make the top for the princess seams.  Beauty Bug's top was self drafted by me, and her top is sleeveless because she has a denim jacket, which was purchased and not made by me. 

My skirt is also a Mccall's pattern M6745. This is a dress pattern, but I only used the skirt portion, Now this skirt sent me to a place! Construction-wise it was absolutely fine, and I have used it again since making this skirt. But this was at a time when I was afraid of zippers (I still am a little bit). Installing that zipper was a task of it's own. I had to have looked at a good 75 tutorials on YouTube and read 58 blogs about installing zippers before I did it. When everything was said and done, I had installed the zipper several times (I lost count) and the final zipper is pink because I broke the one that matched the skirt. Beauty Bug's skirt is just a regular circle skirt with an elastic waistband, which seems to be her favorite type of skirt. Whenever She wears one, she loves to twirl around and watch the skirt flow. 

I really hope that you'll stick around and see where this blog goes. This is my first time blogging and it shows for sure! LOL! I'll get into the groove of my blogging style and it is my hope that you will stay with me as I develop, not only in blogging, but in sewing as well. :)

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what else God puts in your hands & mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! I can't wait to see either <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the changes. I really like the about me section and the pics of bug in her outfits. You did good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I really appreciate your feedback <3

    ReplyDelete